Available from 13 December 2018
(while stocks last)
Contact Kathy on 083 600 9622
Dunkeld Bowling Club, 15 Hume Road, Dunkeld West, Sandton.
Please look after your Christmas tree the same way you would look after a bunch of roses
* We recommend watering the tree when you it home - spray it with a hose pipe in your garden to cool it off
* Stand your tree in a bucket of water. A large 25 litre bucket or container is recommended, to offset the weight of the tree
* Place clean bricks or rocks in the bucket to help keep the tree upright
* Do not place sand in the bucket – the tree needs to be able to drink water
* You may add some sterilizing solution such as Jik or Miltons to the water to keep it clean
* Please position the tree in a cool, shady spot in your home. Direct sunlight and wind will dry the tree
* You will need to top the water up every few days
* It is recommended to spray the tree with a water spray to keep it hydrated, but not essential if this will disturb your decorations
We do sell stands to help hold the trees in place. These are buckets with a cement base.
If you have a stand:
* Fill the stand with water. The water level must be higher than the white pipe.
* Cut a few branched off the bottom of the tree so that the stem can fits into the pipe
* Place the base of the tree into the pipe
* If it is a smaller tree you many need to also place a branch cutting into the pipe to help keep the tree upright
* Position the stand and tree in a cool shady place in your home
* You will need to top the water up from time to time. Keep the water level about the pipe so that the water gets to the tree base
* Enjoy the smell of a fresh tree in your home.
This is a small family run business that is open for only one week a year.